Monday, May 4, 2009

What a busy week!

So last week was a hectic one! My managers have two huge sales missions coming up in May and I was responsible for making sure that they had all their collateral ready to go!

The first sales mission is the AAA sales mission in Southern California and this one was a big one! I was responsible for stuffing, packaging, and shipping out all the collateral from the CVB and other participating properties, such as the Hyatt Regency, the Sheraton, the Westin Kierland, and other luxury properties. I made sure that all the collateral, gifts, and amenities were all sent to the hotels that my managers were staying at and at the Call Center, where they were scheduled to give a presentation about Phoenix and its participating properties to the Southern California AAA travel agents. Overall, we stuffed about 330 gift bags and I was in charge of packaging and shipping out the boxes, which all together were about 30 (It took me all day Wednesday and Thursday to do this!)

The second sales mission coming up is the annual International Pow Wow tradeshow which is the “largest generator of Visit USA travel with more than $4 billion worth of future business expected to be booked this year” (http://www.tia.org/powwow/index.html) and it is held in Miami, from May 16 – 20, 2009. Again, I was responsible for packaging and shipping out all the collateral required for the show and this time, I even helped my managers with car rental bookings, hotel reservations, and even finding and making a reservation at a restaurant where they could host their client event at!

Thankfully, I received confirmation today that all the boxes were delivered to their respective destinations and that my managers were able to get their car rentals to begin their first sales mission. It was a frantic week but a satisfactory one since everything went smoothly and successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment